Wednesday, 20 March 2013

First they came for the ....




First they came for the Ahmadis,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an Ahmadi.

Then they came for the Shia,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Shia.

Then they came for the Sufis,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Sufi.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.


Update 12th May 2013
A post about an incident in London where a Salafi group appears to have printed out hate-filled leaflets against Shias. With friends like the people who drafted this flyer, the Muslim community has no need of enemies.

1 comment:

  1. You might like to see the article in Wikipedia about the origin of 'First they came'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...#Origin_and_various_versions

    ReplyDelete