Brussel Sprouts form part of the group of foods (which include mushrooms and blue cheese) that are liked by BFTF but not by the rest of the BFTF household.
Even for BFTF, just boiling sprouts (a la standard UK practice) results in a dish that is the very definition of the word "bland", indeed they are a reminder of what it is like to lose your sense of taste completely, such as when suffering from flu.
But BFTF is also aware that sprouts are good for you, so was interested so see a recipe on the telly that appeared to offer the opportunity of eating sprouts with flavour.
A dangerous concept, to be sure, but one that BFTF feels should be embraced.
|Brussel Sprouts deserve your love too . . .|
Edible Brussel Sprouts
Crushed Garlic (BFTF confesses to buying this in frozen cubes)
1/2 a stock cube
1) Chop off the stalks and slice sprouts in half.
2) Chop onion and fry, together with crushed garlic, in a little oil until browned then put to one side
3) Add a little oil to frying pan and fry sprouts for 10minutes, 5mins one side then 5 side the other.
4) Add 1mm of water and the 1/2 stock cube and stit until water has evaporated.
5) Add onions and mix in for a couple of mins
Job done !
Probably works well with easy potatoes and easy mackerel curry, altough cooking all of them at once is perhaps stretching "easy" a little far. . .
This dish rates as "EASY" on the BFTF Washing up Index
Image source : Wikipedia